- Take one-quarter of a liqueur-glass of Creme de Menthe
- One-quarter of a liqueur-glass of Creme de Cassis
- One-quarter of a liqueur-glass of Fernet Branca
- Two liqueur-glasses of Cognac
- Fill the mixing-glass with ice
- Shake well and strain into a bar-glass
Louis’ Mixed Drinks by Louis Muckensturm, 1906
Looking for the perfect Christmas gift for your favorite bartender?
Check out the Lost Cocktails book. Includes over 100 vintage cocktail and bitters recipes from the 1800s to early 1920s. A bonus section includes a compilation of bartending techniques and toasts from the era. Cheers!